How do I commission a portrait?
It's very straightforward! Just follow the steps below to commission your very own portait or painting...
1. Find a suitable photograph. This would be a photograph that is high resolution (ie, clear and crisp detail) and close up. Photographs taken in natural light and close up (head shots) are usually the best for high resolution and crisp detail. Feel free to play about with taking photos, think of unusual angles and poses as these often make for more striking and interesting drawings! Remember that a portrait is something that you will hopefully have on your wall for many years so it's important to choose a photo that you really love.
2. Contact me and send me the photograph via the contact page on this website, email () or on my Facebook page 'Jo McColl Artist'.
3. Choose what size of drawing you'd like. (Portraits of one person usually work well with an A4 size, portraits of two or more people are usually better on A3 or larger)
4. When you agree that you'd like to go ahead with your commission, I just ask for a small 20% deposit to secure your space.
4. Sit back and relax and wait for me to draw your portrait! Portraits usually take about a 1-3 weeks or so, depending on the size and the time of year.
5. Preview your drawing. I will send you a photo of your drawing via email / Messenger / Facebook (whatever suits you best) to see if you like it. You can request any reasonable changes at this point as I want you to be 100% happy with your portrait!
6. Send final payment: options are electronic payment transfer, cheque or cash.
7. Receive your portrait, hang it on your wall, or give it to someone as a present. I can hand deliver if you live locally or I can post it securely.
8. Last but not least, but most importantly, ENJOY!!!! :o)